While many of us take time out of our busy lives to practice spirituality and remind ourselves about the importance of giving during this Holy Month, Iftar is a time to embrace those things by coming together to break your fast. The food we digest must be consumed with purpose and intention to be most effective in our system and at Prime Gourmet, we make sure that every meal is a special one.
Thinking of recipes to keep your family satisfied can become a tiresome deed but we are here to help you with that. Our lamb selection is the ideal choice to commence the end of your fast, so we recommend a delicious yet nutritious meal for Iftar!
Our much loved Head Butcher Flavio highly recommends this beautiful Lamb Kofta recipe, created by Silver Fern Farms for a meal that is sure to be the centre of attention at the table.
- Preheat the oven to 218°C.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add pine nuts and toast the nuts for 2 to 3 minutes until you notice a golden-brown colour. Transfer the nuts to your food processor and allow it to rest.
- In the same skillet, add in one to two teaspoons of olive oil. Saute your onion and garlic in the oil until the ingredients are soft. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drop the cooked onion and garlic into the food processor along with cumin, paprika, salt and coriander. Mix until mixture is minced well.
- Transfer your mixture into a bowl and add in Prime Gourmet’s Minced Lamb along with the Italian parsley. Knead the mixture until everything is combined well.
- Brush your half baking sheet with a teaspoon of olive oil. Create small balls out of the mixture and gently place them on the baking sheet, two inches apart from each other. We recommend using a cookie scoop to get that perfect circle but you can use your hands too.
- Bake your kofta balls for 10 minutes in the preheated oven until you notice a crisp golden brown colour on the tops. Have a taste to check whether it is done!
- Serve with rice or khubz, and hummus along with a delicious salad.
Enjoy this hearty meal with your family!